Even if it is not obvious that the windows need to be replaced, there are a few signs you can look for to see if you need to upgrade these materials. As a homeowner in Hemet, CA, it is important that you are proactive to keep up with these renovations. A little bit of work right now will create the lasting results that you will enjoy for many years.
Signs that You Need Replacement Windows
These are the things that you should be watching for to tell if the windows need to be replaced:
- Visible Damage to the Frames: Look at the frames to see if you can identify signs of damage. Common wear and tear include warped or rotten frames, peeling paint, or gaps in the frames.
- Broken Glass: Even a small crack in the glass can be an indication that you have a problem. These small cracks weaken the window and could cause additional damage to the home. Call a window installation team right away if you notice any cracks or broken window panes.
- Single-Paned Glass: For many years, single-paned windows were the standard. If you still have these outdated windows installed in your home, then you need to invest in multiple panes of glass. Adding the extra insulation will improve the energy efficiency of your home.
- Windows that Won’t Open: Is it impossible to open the windows? Sometimes, the windows are stuck closed because the frames were painted shut. In other situations, the frames warped and made it hard to open and close the windows. If you have a hard time opening the windows, then they need to be replaced right away.
- Drafty Air Test: Even though the windows look fine, there is a chance that old windows are bringing drafty air into your home. Do a test by holding up a lit candle near the window frames. Hold the candle still and pay attention to the movement of the flame. If the flame flickers a lot, then it could be a sign that air is coming inside through small gaps.
- Outdated Appearance: Finally, you need to consider the way the windows are influencing the appearance of your home. Are these materials dragging down your curb appeal? If the windows look old, then it is time to upgrade the materials to modernize your property.
If you notice one or more of these problems with your windows, then scheduling a consultation is the best thing you can do. Our team will come to your home to complete a thorough inspection. Then, we can provide recommendations about the timeline for your Hemet windows replacement.
Schedule Your Consultation
Education is one of the benefits of scheduling an in-home consultation. Our goal is to help you learn more about your choices. We are here to support your goals to create the home of your dreams. This no-obligation consultation is the perfect solution for you to receive personalized suggestions.
Hemet, CA homeowners can visit Ameristar Windows to learn more: 3453 Chicago Ave, Riverside, CA 92507. Or, call to set an appointment for your home consultation: (888) 698-4143