Have you finally decided that it is time to make the investment to put replacement windows in your Chino Hills, CA home? It is exciting to upgrade the quality of your living space! These new windows will make a big difference to impact the comfort and function of your property.
Even though you are excited about the renovations, it can also be a stressful time for your family. Your daily schedule will be disrupted for a while when the contractors are working on the windows. But, it is worth the effort because you will love the results after we are done with the windows.
Preparing Your Property for Installation Day
The window installation team will handle all of the heavy lifting. You don’t need to be involved in the work on installation day, but there are a few things that you can do to prepare. Here are some tips that will be helpful to the installation team:
- Provide Access to the Windows: Make sure that the windows in each room are easily accessible. If furniture or other items are in the way, then you should shift everything to the other side of the room to provide space for the installation team to work. Moving the furniture in advance means that the workers will be able to access the windows as soon as possible, which decreases the time that they will need to spend in your home.
- Remove Curtains or Blinds: If you have window coverings, make sure to take them down and move them out of the way before installation day. These items can get in the way and make it hard to put in the new windows.
- Security Systems: Many modern security systems have pieces that are connected to the windows. These items should be removed so that they can be re-installed on the new windows. Talk to your security provider to see if you need to do anything with the security system before installing replacement windows.
- Mental Preparation: It will be necessary for the window installation team to scrape and sand the area while they are working. As a result, it is expected that there will be a mess. Our installation team will bring floor cloths and clean up the mess after they are done. So, don’t be alarmed if you see a messy floor during the installation time. Consider using covers for the furniture and electronics if you want to protect the items in the room.
- Provide Access: The easiest way to facilitate the installation is to ensure that you are home. Make sure that the entry points of the house are open so that the installers can come and go as needed.
- Keep the Driveway Clear: It can be helpful for the installation team to park in the driveway or on the street in front of your house. Make sure that you keep the area open so that they can carry in materials, glass, and tools as needed.
Before your windows replacement Chino Hills, CA are installed, you can talk to our team at Ameristar Windows to learn more. Come to our showroom: 3453 Chicago Ave, Riverside, CA 92507. Or, call anytime if you have questions: (951) 354-2711