The basic structure of a window includes a glass panel and a frame to hold the glass in place. Most people don’t realize that there are many styles of windows and they can impact the overall appearance and function of the property. As you are shopping for windows to install in your Rancho Cucamonga, CA home, it is essential to have expert advice.
Learn about the features each provide so you can pick the styles that will be best in your home. As you are comparing the options, consider the needs of your family. High-quality windows bring in the natural light to brighten the rooms. At the same time, you can keep your living space dry and fresh by warding off inclement weather. Additionally, windows affect the overall character and style of your home.
Here are a few window styles you might consider:
- Double-Hung Windows: Do you love the idea of having the option to move the top or bottom glass panel in the window? This window style features two sashes that can be slid vertically either up or down, depending on your preferences. The benefit is that the windows remain in the frame by sliding, instead of opening outward to protrude past the perimeter of the building. It’s a great choice for homes with children. Opening the top window keeps everyone safe while letting in the fresh air.
- Single-Hung Windows: The single hung design works in a similar way as the double hung. The main difference is that one section of the window cannot move. This glass panel is held firmly in place while the other sash moves up and down when you open or close the window.
- Casement Windows: Do you like the idea of using a crank instead of trying to push up the weight of a window? Casement windows are hinged on the side and can open outward when the crank is turned.
- Picture Windows: There are often locations in the home where you want to enjoy the sunlight, but don’t need a window that opens. Picture windows are designed to minimize frames and maximize views. The benefit is a large section of unobstructed glass. The drawback is that you can’t move the glass if you want to let in the breeze. Often, homeowners pair picture windows with another window style so they can enjoy a fresh breeze and unobstructed views at the same time.
- Stationary Windows: Similar to the picture window style, stationary windows are permanently fixed. These windows can be designed in smaller patterns, giving you the option to let in sunlight anywhere you desire. This design is often used in homes with contemporary or modern designs.
Do you need assistance in choosing the right window designs for your Rancho Cucamonga, CA home? We invite you to schedule a consultation with our team at Ameristar Windows. Visit our showroom: 3453 Chicago Ave, Riverside, CA 92507. Or, give us a call to setup a complimentary consultation for your home: (888) 698-4143.